Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've got another yummy take on a chocolate chip cookie. This version has oatmeal and peanut butter in it, making it a bit thicker and chewier than a typical chocolate chip cookie. Come to think of it, this cookie has the perfect texture and consistency for an ice cream sandwich... make that a Talenti Gelato sandwich! (Have you tried that stuff? It's amazing. I especially love the Sea Salt Caramel and Dark Chocolate). Now my mouth is watering and I need to run to the store for gelato. While I do that, whip up a batch of these beauties and let me know what you think!





Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yield: 3 dozen medium-size cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons water
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups chocolate chips (I like bittersweet or dark)

Instructions:
1.) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.) In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, peanut butter, vanilla and water and mix until incorporated. Add the flour, baking soda and oats and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3.) Bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool 5 minutes on the pan before digging in!



3 comments:

  1. Made these today--they were great! Easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get your square chocolate chips? I have been looking for those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Utah and have found them at the local grocery store here, Smith's. I've also seen them in the past at Whole Foods. If you can't find them, my second favorite option is chopping up a dark chocolate bar!

    ReplyDelete